cyrus murder setup

Nathanael D. Noblet nathanael at gnat.ca
Thu Apr 9 17:27:18 CEST 2015

On Thu, 2015-04-09 at 10:50 -0400, Trogdor Wasaman wrote:
> So I have found, according to the Cyrus documentation, that I should
> be able to use "configure" in the cyrus-imapd directory to run the
> --enable-murder option. However, there is no "configure" to be found
> in /usr/lib/cyrus-imapd/
>

> Does anyone know where it may possibly be located or what
> --enable-murder actually configures so that it can be done manually?
> Maybe there is some other way to go about it?

configure is usually called when the source files are going to be
compiled into a binary. Thus you would either have to first check if
your distro supplied cyrus-imapd was compiled with --enable-murder, if
it was then your next step is about setting it up. If it wasn't then you
need to figure out how you'll go about compiling it and keeping it up to
date over time.