upgrade 3.1 -> 3-3

JP Horst | ScienceBridge jphorst at sciencebridge.de
Mon Sep 8 11:08:50 CEST 2014

Hi Daniel,

Am Freitag, 5. September 2014, 09:39:57 schrieb Daniel Hoffend:
> Hi JP
>
> >I also had to reconcile the following .rpmnew files:
> >
> >/etc/roundcubemail/
> >acl.inc.php
> >managesieve.inc.php
> >calendar.inc.php
> >kolab.auth.inc.php
> >libkolab.inc.php
> Sure you get new files cause they differ from the one
> created/overwritten by setup-kolab. But you're right, by looking at the
> differences from the complete folder i see that some other files have
> been adjusted.
>
> http://git.kolab.org/pykolab/diff/share/templates/?id=pykolab-0.7.1&id2=pykolab-0.6.10
>
> I've added this link to the documentation as well on github, but feel
> free to send a pull request with additional information.
>
> https://github.com/kolab-groupware/kolab-docs/blob/master/source/administrator-guide/upgrading-from-kolab-3.1-to-3.3.rst
>
> >Roundcube afterwards only showed a non-graphic login screen, which did
> >not work.
> >setup-kolab roundcube
> >changed this. Roundcube is now working nicely.
> That's because the apache roundcube configuration file has changed. If
> you would look into the apache conf.d folder you should find a .rpmnew
> file aswell for roundcubemail.
>

> >(1)
> >However adding to /etc/postfix/master.cf
> >
> >     -o cleanup_service_name=cleanup_internal
> Maybe that's one of your kolab 3.0 configurations. Cause in Kolab 3.1
> this line was already included in the default configuration.

I would have assumed that after 3.0 to 3.1 upgrade this should not have happened.

> >(2)
> >freebusy is not working,
> >even though I followed the instructions and did a setup-kolab freebusy.
> >config.ini contains an administrative password at all fbsource and
> >bind_pw entries.
> >
> >Log says:
> >imap.WARNING: Failed to connect to IMAP server: -1
> >{"scheme":"imap","host":"localhost","port":143,"user":"jphorst at sciencebridge.de","pass":"administrative-password","path":"/","query":"proxy_auth=cyrus-admin","url":"imap://jphorst%40sciencebridge.de:administrative-password@localhost:143/?proxy_auth=cyrus-admin","lc_attributes[]":"mail","loglevel":"300","expires":"15m","bind_dn":"uid=kolab-service,ou=Special
> >Users,dc=sciencebridge,dc=de","fbsource":"imap://jphorst%40sciencebridge.de:administrative-password@localhost:143/?proxy_auth=cyrus-admin","filter":"(&(objectClass=kolabInetOrgPerson)(|(mail=jphorst at sciencebridge.de)(alias=jphorst at sciencebridge.de)))","bind_pw":"administrative-password","cacheto":"/var/cache/kolab-freebusy/jphorst at sciencebridge.de.ifb","lc_attributes":"mail","attributes[]":"mail","base_dn":"dc=sciencebridge,dc=de","type":"ldap","attributes":"mail","mail_attributes":"mail","proxy_auth":"cyrus-admin"}
> >[]
> >
> >Looks like the administrative password is wrongly combined with my
> >userid. How does config.ini need to be changed?
> Is your imap server really running on localhost or is it only bound to
> your external address? Whatis roundcube configured to use? Maybe you can
> try an replace imap://user:pass@localhost:143 with
> imaps://user:pass@imap.example.org:993/ if your ssl setup is working
> correctly.
>
> On my test installation I had freebusy running just fine with the
> default configuration afaik.

Thank you for this tip. Exchanging localhost for the hostname, renders freebusy now functional, even though the error log still shows similar error messages.
However the entry "localhost" was not set by me manually but by running setup-kolab freebusy...

> >(3)
> >iRony is not working
> ><s:exception>Sabre\DAV\Exception\NotImplemented</s:exception><s:message>GET
> >is only implemented on File
> >objects</s:message><s:sabredav-version>1.8.9</s:sabredav-version>
> This is okay and means iRony is working fine. The default configuration
> is that GET (aka browsing via WEB) is not enabled. You've to adjust your
> Apache Configuration to support this.
>
> /etc/httpd/config.d/iRony.conf
> SetEnv DAVBROWSER true

Thanx again. Indeed I can now access the iRony webpage.
However, with DavDroid I cannot setup a connection. It always produces the error message:
"http-error: 405 Method not allowed"
The iRony error log does not show anything.

With syncroton (on Android) I can setup a connection and it downloads the correct data, but data created on the mobile does not show up on the server. Again there is no entry in the kolab-syncrotron error log.

Cheers,
JP