frequent ptloader "errors"

Matthias Busch catwiesel at gmx.net
Mon Oct 27 00:25:23 CET 2014

after writing to this list and looking at it with a fresh mind I played around until I could replicate the ptload message:

- using thunderbird
- receiving spam/virus mails (being processed by amavis)

so with this information I started digging. I found some mis-configuration-(leftovers) which apparently were causing the ptload error...

-- thunderbird account was somewhat funny, username is uid but when thunderbird connected, syslog showed firstname.surename (which is only manually added secondary email adress) –> created new imap account
-- I found a mailbox for firstname.surename where every user should have surename.firstname as mailbox and primary  --> not sure it had anything to do with that, still deleted
-- amavis config had a typo that caused some quarantined mails to not be sent properly and (a different) ptload error to trigger