Can't receive nor send mails trough Roundcube (error 454)

Thomas Spuhler thomas.spuhler at btspuhler.com
Sun Oct 26 23:40:07 CET 2014

On Sunday, October 26, 2014 03:49:08 AM Juan M wrote:
> Hello Thomas,
> I can't login using Thunderbird either.
> I don't have SASL2 installed, or at least I don't have a custom installation. Instead I've
> installed all the required packages and they include kolab-saslauthd which I believe has the same
> functionality. It is running and appears to be functional. If you want me to run any command I
> will. I don't have a smtpd.conf file, I'm under debian 7 and I have postfix's main.cf and
> master.cf, do they work the same?
>
> I've found the following errors in /var/log/mail.log
> ------------------------------------
> postfix/smtpd[9372]: warning: No server certs available. TLS won't be enabled
> postfix/smtpd[9372]: connect from mail-pd0-f177.google.com[209.85.192.177]
> postfix/smtpd[9372]: lost connection after STARTTLS from mail-pd0f177.google.com[209.85.192.177]
> postfix/cleanup[9374]: error: open
> /etc/postfix/ldap/hosted_triplet_virtual_alias_maps_catchall.cf: No such file or directory
> postfix/cleanup[9374]: error: open
> /etc/postfix/ldap/hosted_duplet_virtual_alias_maps_catchall.cf: No such file or directory
> postfix/trivial-rewrite[9375]: error: open
> /etc/postfix/ldap/hosted_triplet_virtual_alias_maps_catchall.cf: No such file or directory
> postfix/trivial-rewrite[9375]: error: open
> /etc/postfix/ldap/hosted_duplet_virtual_alias_maps_catchall.cf: No such file or directory
> postfix/trivial-rewrite[9375]: error: open database /etc/postfix/transport.db: No such file or
> directory postfix/trivial-rewrite[9375]: warning: hash:/etc/postfix/transport is unavailable.
> open database /etc/postfix/transport.db: No such$ postfix/trivial-rewrite[9375]: warning:
> hash:/etc/postfix/transport lookup error for "*" postfix/trivial-rewrite[9375]: warning:
> hash:/etc/postfix/transport is unavailable. open database /etc/postfix/transport.db: No such$
> postfix/trivial-rewrite[9375]: warning: hash:/etc/postfix/transport lookup error for "*"
> postfix/cleanup[9374]: warning:
> ldap:/etc/postfix/ldap/hosted_triplet_virtual_alias_maps_catchall.cf is unavailable. open
> /etc/postf$ postfix/cleanup[9374]: warning:
> ldap:/etc/postfix/ldap/hosted_triplet_virtual_alias_maps_catchall.cf lookup error for
> "postmaster at ex$ postfix/cleanup[9374]: warning: 6E31B83391: virtual_alias_maps map lookup problem
> for postmaster at exchange.localdomain -- deferring d$ ------------------------------------
>
> And this is the content of my postfix/main.cf:
>
> ------------------------------------
> # See /usr/share/postfix/main.cf.dist for a commented, more complete version
> smtpd_banner = $myhostname ESMTP $mail_name (Debian/GNU)
> biff = no
> append_dot_mydomain = no
> readme_directory = no
> smtpd_tls_auth_only = yes
> transport_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/transport,
> ldap:/etc/postfix/ldap/hosted_triplet_transport_maps.cf,
> ldap:/etc/postfix/ldap/hosted_duplet_transport_maps.$ content_filter =
> [...]

I am not familiar with Debianbut you should have a x/sasl(2)/smtpd.conf or similar somewhere that
you probably need to reconfigure for sending e-mail.
But you problem looks different. Some distros have in /etc/postfix/main.cf
receive_override_options = no_address_mappings
If you see this line, comment it out.

--
Best regards
Thomas Spuhler

All of my e-mails have a valid digital signature
ID 60114E63