main.cf template

Marco Zanon info at marcozanon.com
Mon Oct 20 14:15:01 CEST 2014

(reposting to the list)

Hi and thanks for your answer,

> No way. At least /etc/postfix/main.cf should be created during
> sudo aptitude install kolab
> because postfix will be installed. And in the file
> /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pykolab/setup/setup_mta.py
> main.cf will be configured. I think you should try again.
> See http://docs.kolab.org/installation-guide/debian.html

Yes, it actually was configured, and Postfix works at the moment,

I was just wondering if I needed to manually create a main.cf template
file (and possibly to modify some reconfiguration script) because of
what I read here: https://wiki.kolab.org/Configuration_concept.
Basically, it seems that kolabconf is triggered on some situations
(e.g.: modifications made via kolab-webadmin) and that template files
are filled with actual values; but main.cf is not there as it should be...

By the way, I tried to modify the master.cf template and to run
kolab-conf manually, but /etc/postfix/master.cf was not modified. Did I
miss anything?

> I'm on Ubuntu 14.04. Everything ran fine during install. Are you free
> choose your system? Ubuntu's LTS support cycle is longer than on
> Debian.
> Why not choose Ubuntu Server (sure one could argue about
> cannonical...)?
> They also slowly migrate to systemd I think, if upstart is a downer for
> you.

Thanks, I love Ubuntu on desktops, but for servers I usually stick with
Debian, which also extended its support for the 6.x series for another
couple of years (thus matching Ubuntu's 5-year support cycle).

> PS: Is there a difference using apt-get or aptitude to install kolab?

I think it's the same, as aptitude should call apt-get.

Thanks,
--
Marco Zanon
Web: http://www.marcozanon.com