main.cf template

Henning laclaro at mail.com
Sun Oct 19 14:30:32 CEST 2014

Hi

No way. At least /etc/postfix/main.cf should be created during

sudo aptitude install kolab

because postfix will be installed. And in the file

/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pykolab/setup/setup_mta.py

main.cf will be configured. I think you should try again.

See http://docs.kolab.org/installation-guide/debian.html

I'm on Ubuntu 14.04. Everything ran fine during install. Are you free to
choose your system? Ubuntu's LTS support cycle is longer than on Debian.
Why not choose Ubuntu Server (sure one could argue about cannonical...)?
They also slowly migrate to systemd I think, if upstart is a downer for you.

regards
Henning

PS: Is there a difference using apt-get or aptitude to install kolab?