Traceback for kolab-server service restart

Franz Skale i.bin at dah.am
Mon Nov 17 10:38:58 CET 2014

Hi Brad,
welcome to the club.
I did the update (3.2 -> 3.3) last week and ran into several problems.
This particular problem i debugged and solved using this command.
All cache files became invalid and i nearly lost my mind ;-)
Also, one mailbox has been corrupted after upgrade.
But beware !!! Create a backup or snapshot before issuing the command.
Stop all services but imap.

Steps: (as root)
su - cyrus
/usr/lib/cyrus-imapd/reconstruct -U
Wait
Read the output carefully.
Restart the services and check.
Also check /var/log/imapd.log

One command should work, but segfaults on my server.ctl_mboxlist -d
It makes me uncomfortable not to be able to use ctl_mboxlist -d
But this workaround works for me,although the output differs from
ctl_mboxlist -d.
So i created  a script, which changes the to format, to have a
mailboxes.db backup handy.
Please check the output of:

su - cyrus
/usr/lib/cyrus-imapd/cyr_dbtool /var/lib/imap/mailboxes.db skiplist show

Check, that all mailboxes and folders are visible and the acl is right.

Also, there are several other problems, i'm on debugging now.

Please report back.

Rgds.
Franz