Some admin questions / Spam / Disable functions

Stefan Froehlich stefan at ffa-it.com.au
Thu Nov 13 09:41:39 CET 2014

On 12/11/2014 11:27 PM, Cornelius Hald wrote:
> Thanks for your answers!
>
> On Wed, 2014-11-12 at 12:53 +1300, Torsten Grote wrote:
>> On 11/12/2014 06:43 AM, Cornelius Hald wrote:
>>> 1) Does Kolab learn about Spam and Ham by default? Is there a way to
>>> give my users a button "Junk" in Roundcube, that moves the message to a
>>> folder Spamassassin can learn from?
>> You can create a (shared) folder for spam/ham where users can move email
>> to where sa-learn picks them up from.
> OK, so there is nothing out-of-the-box? I thought maybe there was,
> because a Spam/Junk folder is created automatically for each new user.
>
> I've just found the official docs on that, so I'll look into it.
> http://docs.kolab.org/administrator-guide/combating-spam.html
A while ago I created a script that walks through all mailboxes/all
folders and checks every mail if it is in a "non spam" folder. If so, it
is learned as non spam and also marked as non spam learned. If a mail is
in a spam folder it is learned as spam and marked as spam learned. If
that learn flag was already set it is ignored but only if the the
learned flags doesn't conflict.
I also created a roundcube filter moving all mails flagged as spam into
the spam folder automatically. The above script runs every hour.
A user can look into his normal folders and move mails to the spam
folders and those mails will be re-learned as spam. If he decides to
move a mail out of that folder it will be re-learned as ham.
Another fine tuning is another script that removes mails from the spam
folder automatically if they are older than 30 days.

This setup works great for me.

MfG Stefan Fröhlich
42 ;-)