Sync /seen flag from server to devices connected via ActiveSync possible?

Mat Cantin mat at cantinbrothers.ca
Wed May 21 17:47:08 CEST 2014

On 2014-05-20 23:55, Aleksander Machniak wrote:
> On 05/21/2014 08:40 AM, Konstantin Schorp wrote:
>> Are there any settings that could influence syncroton’s behavior
>> (cyrus, wallace, php,…)?
>
> Check these in syncroton config:
>
> // Defines for how many seconds we'll sleep between every
> // action for detecting changes in folders. Default: 60
> $config['activesync_ping_timeout'] = 60;
>
> // We start detecting changes n seconds since the last sync of a folder
> // Default: 180
> $config['activesync_quiet_time'] = 180;

I did not find the syncroton config, but I did notice this was correct
in this file: /usr/share/kolab-syncroton/lib/kolab_sync.php:

> And in Roundcube:
>
> // Type of IMAP indexes cache. Supported values: 'db', 'apc' and
> 'memcache'.
> $config['imap_cache'] = null;
>
> // Enables messages cache. Only 'db' cache is supported.
> $config['messages_cache'] = false;

Changing this has fixed part of the Activesycn issue for me, when
something is modified on the a phone, the changes a made in RoundCube.
There is still one remaining issue though: If a message has already been
loaded on the Activesync device, changes to messages in RoundCube to not
appear on the Activesync device.

Secondly, what are the consequences of turning these caches off? Will
users experience slower load times somewhere?

Thanks.
--
Mat