kolab debian 7.4, database error and address book issue

Jan Kowalsky jankow at datenkollektiv.net
Tue May 13 14:46:01 CEST 2014

Hi fasfaf,

Am 06.05.2014 14:27, schrieb fasfaf:> HI Guys,

> I have installed kolab 3.2 on Debian 7.4 64 bit (several times)
> and it consistently has the following error.
>
> 1. During installation, you get ERROR 1005 (HY000) at line 9:
> Can't create table 'roundcube.kolab_alarms' (errno: 150) ERROR
> 1146 (42S02) at line 179: Table 'roundcube.system' doesn't exist

Yes, this is bug #2811
but you found allready the solution.

> I followed this link and it seemed fixed this.
> http://www.marshut.com/inxuim/kolab-setup-error.html As a
> workaround I have this sql table template:
> http://mihai.badici.ro/linux/machinet/debian/kolab.sql I created
> again the table ( mysql -u roundcube -p roundcube <kolab.sql ) and
> roundcube start to works.
>
> 2. It seems that kolab-server will not start upon installation, so
> I have to do this, root at mx2:~# cat /etc/rc.local service
> kolab-server start exit 0

this is a known problem, reported by several users

> 3. Address book , contacts can not be created and saved and
> imported. If I try one of these actions, it seemed have info
> created, but it doesn't show up afterwards, even though it says
> successfull for all these
actions.

To which addressbook you try to import / crate? I assume you try this
inside roundcube.

Be aware that you can't modify the global addressbook from roundcube.
This is a view of your ldap-addressbook (if you activated this). Users
can create their own addressbook where data are stored inside the imap
directory and are accessible via ActiveSync and carddav.

Maybe this helps?

Best Regards
Jan