kolab 3.2 and freeipa interaction

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.org.uk
Thu May 1 19:26:22 CEST 2014

On Wednesday 30. April 2014 00.30.56 Carlos R Laguna wrote:

> Sorry to bring this thread alive again Paul, but i really want to try
> your kolab-setup fork unfortunately my rpm skill are not enough to
> actually make use of it so can you give some instructions to how to use
> it in fresh install would be great.Thanks for your time and patience on
> this one regards.

I don't have any real experience building RPMs, either. :-)

However, I don't think it should be too difficult to build some RPMs and then
install them. You should probably start by downloading pykolab from here:

http://git.kolab.org/pykolab/snapshot/pykolab-dev/boddie.tar.gz

Alternatively, use git to obtain the code. See here for details:

http://git.kolab.org/pykolab/

(You need to checkout the dev/boddie branch.)

The following instructions mention setting up pykolab for running from source:

http://docs.kolab.org/howtos/build-kolab-from-
source.html?highlight=installation%20source#pykolab

However, if you choose to make RPMs, I imagine that you will use the
appropriate tools and then install the RPMs properly. I found the following
guide on such matters:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_to_create_an_RPM_package#Building_the_binary_package

So, I think the recipe is something like this:

yum-builddep pykolab  # fetches the build dependencies for pykolab
autoreconf -v         # makes pykolab configurable
./configure           # actually configures pykolab
make rpm              # should create the RPMs

Maybe the development mailing list is a more appropriate place to discuss
these things if the above isn't helpful enough.

Paul