sieve vs amavis for spam filter rules

Christian Hügel christian.huegel at stonebyte.de
Thu Mar 20 20:27:27 CET 2014

As far as I know you cannot set a global sieve rule for ex. spam mails.
Either you use a shared spam folder [1] or have a spam folder per user.
I have chosen to use a spam folder for each user like:

INBOX
-->SPAM
-->SPAM/Ham
-->SAM/UnknownSPAM

This folders can easily (auto)created from /etc/kolab/kolab.conf

Thus, I can train spammassin with this script [2]

To automatically create a sieve rule for each user I have written a
script which
extracts all valid mailboxes from kolab and if there's no sieve spam
rule it will create it.
The script needs a little more tweaking so I'll share it in a couple of
days.

Kind regards,

Christian

[1] http://docs.kolab.org/administrator-guide/combating-spam.html