Kolab 3.2 in an ISO image

Michael Mansour mmansour at ostech.com.au
Thu Mar 20 03:33:02 CET 2014

Hi,

Why isn't Kolab 3.2 (and Kolab in general) provided in a downloadable ISO?

We know Kolab 3 quite well and went to install 3.2 on the latest CentOS
6.5 to test new features, hours of problems later we gave up on CentOS
6.5 and started considering CentOS 6.4 before asking the question, why
are we wasting time doing this? why is this so hard? why isn't there an
appliance or an ISO download bundling Kolab 3.2 that you just boot and
build onto a VM guest? (boot the ISO, build the OS, boot the OS,
auto-run installer).

Such a facility would make an admins life so simple.

We checked some third party "corporate servers" which have ISO releases
and bundle Kolab, but the pricing is prohibitive to really take seriously.

Michael.