Kontact Ldap login

Daniel Hoffend dh at dotlan.net
Thu Mar 13 20:07:04 CET 2014

authentication against ldap is usually using the "dn" of the user. Which
is most likely
uid=username,ou=People,dc=example,dc=org + password

Maybe your ldap is configured to accept anonymous requests for address
lookups in your corporate network (i wouldn't do it on the internet).

one more thing: if you think about using the ldap connection for address
completion make sure it's ldaps and your ldap server is configured to
offer port 636 for a secure connection. You don't send the password
plain over the net.

btw. i'm not sure if the 389ds offers different authentication methods
for the kontact client ldap connection.

greetings
Daniel