Events in Kolab: different types of events?

Christoph Hartlmueller christoph at hartlmueller.de
Wed Mar 12 10:16:19 CET 2014

Hi,

I installed Kolab 3.2 according to the Kolab documentation on a CentOS 6.3 (using the new Kolab repos). Kolab is up and running, but I am having the following issue:

I created a new event using the Roundcube interface. After some syncing, I also see this event on an Android phone (Android 4.4) with is connected via ActiveSync (using the same account login as done in roundcube). However, I cannot edit the event (neither using the stock calendar app nor using 3rd party apps). The reasons seams to be that on the phone it appears as if I'm not the organizer, so I can only choose to delete the event. Some apps are also able to differentiate between these different types of events: I see a small icon symbolizing several people for the events coming from the webinterface, and nothing for the ones created on the phone.

I also see that when I create an event on the phone (for the Kolab account) I can edit this event. Looking at this event in the Roundcube, I see that nobody is invited.

So the questions is:  Is there a way to create a simply event (without all this invited people stuff) since this should be editable on the phone? I also dont mind this invitation system, as long as I am able to edit all events.

Any hint is very appreciated! Thanks,

Christoph