caldav - carddav - iRony

Thomas Brüderli bruederli at kolabsys.com
Tue Mar 11 08:51:19 CET 2014

Sruli Saurymper wrote:
> Hi everyone,

Hello Sruli

> FYI
>
> I messed around with Thunderbird connectors Lightning and SOGo trying to
> sync calendars and contacts, I tried the config from
> https://mykolab.com/clients/thunderbird but could not get it to work, I
> tried many different ways to connect using that path type but could not
> get a working sync, however using the path
> "https://mydomain.com/iRony/calendars/test@mydomain.com/Calendar" I was
> able to sync the main calendar NOT sub or other calendars (same applies
> to contacts) after sometime of messing around I went to
> "https://mydomain.com/iRony", logged in with email account creds and
> browsed to the relevant calendar / contact folder, copied the full url
> from the address bar, used that and it worked, does
> https://mykolab.com/clients/thunderbird need to be updated or is
> something wrong with my system?

There's nothing wrong with your system and the instructions at
mykolab.com aren't wrong either.

Thunderbird requires each calendar folder to be added with its full URL
and doesn't support listing or auto-configuration. The mykolab page only
describes the URL of the main calendar and has iRony running as root on
its own domain. On a single host setup, it by default runs at /iRony/
which requires that to be added to the access URL.

Calendars are best referenced by their UUID instead of the name because
that can change and requires proper URL encoding. For example, a
sub-calendar has to be referred with /Calendar%2FPersonal%20Calendar

Enabling browser support and then browse to the folder is one way but
there's a better one: edit /etc/roundcubemail/calendar.inc.php and add
the following configuration option:

$config['calendar_caldav_url'] = 'http://%h/iRony/calendars/%u/%i';

Now open the web client and navigate to the calendar. Click a calendar
folder on the left and then select "Show calendar URL" from the options
menu behind the gear icon in the list footer. The dialog now shows the
CalDAV url to be used in Thunderbird in the lower box.

> Also important, I did not find this in any docs but found each in a
> different mailing list email, in order to make iRony work you need to
> (centos);
> 1. in etc/iRony/dav.inc.php add following line
> $rcmail_config['base_uri'] = '/iRony/';
> 2. in etc/httpd/conf.d add following line
>     SetEnv DAVBROWSER true
>
> Hope it helps someone!

Thanks!

I admit that the documentation on this isn't complete. Feel free to
extend the docs at http://docs.kolab.org by forking
https://github.com/kanarip/kolab-docs and submitting a pull request.

> p.s is there a way to sync files with a local explorer? (linux or windows)

You can enabled WebDAV access by setting

  SetEnv WEBDAV  1

In your apache config as you already enabled the browser module.

Kind regards
Thomas