Problems with Installation Kolab

ITSEF Admin itsef-admin at brightsight.com
Mon Mar 10 10:49:53 CET 2014

Hi All,

I have a problem with the installation of Kolab.
Maybe I missed something in the documentation but I can't get it 2 work.
What I have done:
Installed CentOS 6.5 on a machine
Installed a DNS server on this machine so I could perform a dnslookup and
reverse lookup for the hostname of the machine.
This all works well.
Then I've  installed the EPEL repository as described here:
http://docs.kolab.org/installation-guide/centos.html
Then I've installed Kolab.
  -During the installation it asks for  passwords for the different account,
witch I provided.
   At one point it ask's for a user account and group (for LDAP I believe) and
I've chosen de default "Nobody"  account and group.
When the setup-kolab was done I could acces the web-admin page and I see the
roundcube login page.
I've created an kolab user account , and it does get's it's primary and
secundary email account.
At this point everything looks OK.
But when I want to log in Roundcube with this account I allways get the
message: " Connection to storage server failed"

I've looked at the installation manual under troubleshooting.
When I try the command " kolab lm" wich should get me a list of all mailboxes
I get the following error:

[root at kolab3 ~]# kolab lm
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/sbin/kolab", line 39, in <module>
    kolab = Cli()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/pykolab/cli/__init__.py", line 64, in
__init__
    commands.execute('_'.join(to_execute))
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/pykolab/cli/commands.py", line 139,
in execute
    commands[cmd_name]['function'](conf.cli_args, kw)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/pykolab/cli/cmd_list_mailboxes.py",
line 82, in execute
    imap.connect()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/pykolab/imap/__init__.py", line 154,
in connect
    self._imap[hostname].login(admin_login, admin_password)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/pykolab/imap/cyrus.py", line 134, in
login
    cyruslib.CYRUS.login(self, *args, **kw)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/cyruslib.py", line 416, in login
    self.__doexception("LOGIN", error)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/cyruslib.py", line 359, in
__doexception
    self.__doraise( function.upper(), msg )
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/cyruslib.py", line 368, in __doraise
    raise CYRUSError( idError[0], mode, msg )
cyruslib.CYRUSError: (10, 'LOGIN', 'generic failure')

It looks like a authentication error for Cyrus , but I don't know what I have
to change.
If anyone got anything what I can help me would would really appreciate it.
Thanks anyway and have a nice day.

--
Mvg,
Ben