Debug Syncrotron - a weird bug with modified calendar entries

Reitelbach, Thomas tr at erdfunkstelle.de
Sat Mar 8 10:09:39 CET 2014

Hello list,

I experience a weird bug in Syncrotron and try to debug it. Up to now I
didn't file a bug on the tracker because I don't know how to always
reproduce it.

For now my main problem is that I don't know how to enable good logfiles
on Kolab 3.1 - I did not find documentation how to enable debugging for
the different involved services that come with kolab.

I need detailed debugging for:
- Syncrotron
- Cyrus IMAP
- Roundcube

Can you help me out with a pointer to a documentation or how to enable
debugging?

The short description of the bug:
All our companies calendar entries are beeing synced to several clients
via syncrotron.
Many calendar entries are beeing modified after first syncronization
(usually these are the event title and the time  of the event which are
beeing modified).
90% of these modified events are beeing synced via syncrotron to the
phones, but _sometimes_ the modifications will never arrive on the
phones (several iPhones and some iPads). I have to deactivate the
corresponding calendar account on the client and reactivate it to force
a reload of all calendar entries to make the modifications appear on the
phones calendar.
Other clients like Roundcube or Kontact are not involved, this does only
happen on clients which are beeing synced via syncrotron.

Did anyone see this behavior on their Kolab 3.1 system and has an idea
a) why it happens
b) which calendar entries fail to sync modifications
c) what could be a solution?

Cheers
Thomas