hide/disable non-Mail folders in imap-clients?

Thomas Brüderli bruederli at kolabsys.com
Fri Mar 7 09:13:35 CET 2014

Jan Hofmann wrote:
> On 6.3.2014 14:13, Thomas Brüderli wrote:
>> Set debug_log: true in config and you can see all IMAP communication
>> being transferred. That includes messages like "Mailonly filter:" if
>> mailbox listings are intercepted.
>
> I don't see this message.
>
>> Please note that the mailonly.js plugin only starts to act if the IMAP
>> server has the ANNOTATEMORE capability.
>
> I use up-to-date KOlab 3.2.

The proxy works for me with Kolab 3.2 (i.e. Cyrus 2.5). If you connect
your client to the proxy, you should see something like this in your
console:

[1] C: <XLIST>
[1] C:  4 XLIST "" "%"

[1] S: <XLIST>
[1] X:  * XLIST (\Noinferiors \Inbox) "/" INBOX
* XLIST (\HasNoChildren) "/" Archive
* XLIST (\HasChildren) "/" Calendar
* XLIST (\HasNoChildren) "/" Configuration
* XLIST (\HasChildren) "/" Contacts

The <XLIST> is the detected command (could be LIST or LSUB as well)
where the mailonly plugin is supposed to react upon.

What client are you using? It's not unlikely that the IMAP command
parser misses out something. I so far tested it with Thunderbird and
Apple Mail.

Your feedback is much appreciated.

Kind regards,
Thomas