Allowing authenticated users to relay via kolab postfix

hede kolab983 at der-he.de
Wed Jun 18 09:13:48 CEST 2014

Am Tue, 17 Jun 2014 17:59:25 -0400 schrieb "Munson, Eric" <emunson at mgebm.net>:

> All,
>
> I am attempting to use a postfix configuration on my local desktop to
> relay via my Kolab 3.2 install.  I have setup my sasl authentication on
> my desktop properly (I think) but I keep getting rejected by the kolab
> server with the message:
>
> Client host rejected: Access denied (in reply to RCPT TO command)
>
> On the server I see:
>
> NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from my.external.domain.net[X.X.X.X]: 554 5.7.1
> <my.external.domain.net[X.X.X.X]>: Client host rejected: Access denied;
> from=<me at mydomain.net> to=<me at mydomain.net> proto=ESMTP
> helo=<desktopname>
>
> What am I doing wrong?

With "to=<me at mydomain.net>" it seems not even related to relaying.
The error would be "Relay access denied".

Do you use Blacklists? Maybe the blacklist kicks in before accepting
authorised connections? (see submission_sender_restrictions or
smtpd_sender_restrictions)

Btw: Do you use the submission (587) port or smtp (25) for client
connections? AFAIK relaying via port 25 is prohibited by default.

I would try to test if it's a client or server side configuration
problem via telnet/openssl. But I don't know how to do this
from Windows, in case it's a Windows client...

regards
hede

(((( Testing smtp connections via command line:

perl -MMIME::Base64 -e 'print encode_base64("\000[username]\000[password]")'
openssl s_client -starttls smtp -crlf -connect [mailserverdomain]:587

""""
EHLO testing
AUTH PLAIN [perl-output-here]
MAIL FROM: [authorized_user at domain]