Owncloud integration

Christoph Hartlmueller christoph at hartlmueller.de
Fri Jul 18 11:46:34 CEST 2014

 Hi,

I can only agree with Aleksander, but sice this question comes up quite often here is a bit more info:
There is different types of "integration" between kolab and owncloud:
1.  merge-one-website-into-the-other approach:
    - Kolab-in-OC (for example http://apps.owncloud.com/content/show.php/roundcube)
    - OC-in-Kolab
=> but these are only like "visual integration"

2. integrate on a "data-level"
   - read contact from OC in Roundcube: http://www.crash-override.net/carddav.html
   - Kolab uses OC for storage

Like Aleksander said before, the later approach is the one to go for: let OC do all the file syncing/sharing/... and let Kolab do all the Mail/Contact/Calendar stuff. And link them on a file level by allowing Chwala (the storage component of Kolab) to access OC using WebDav!

Unfortunately, there is only one storage driver for Chwala at the moment (which is IMAP). So thats what I know about the status for a WebDav storage driver for Chwala:
There were some post from Andrzej Kwiatkowski, saying that in his company they are working on this (http://marc.info/?l=kolab-users&m=138114402530431&w=2 , http://marc.info/?l=kolab-users&m=139120542815961&w=2 ). But there hasnt been an update for quite some time now.
Just a few days ago, there was another mail by Andreas Cordes which sounds very promising ( http://marc.info/?l=kolab-devel&m=140411401927463&w=2 ). So let's hope the best and happy coding Andreas ;)

Regards, Christoph