Is anyone using iRony on Ubuntu/Debian successfully?

Thomas Brüderli bruederli at kolabsys.com
Mon Jul 7 08:55:51 CEST 2014

Henning wrote:
> Hi,
>
> when did they change this and in which sense does iRony/sabredav rely on
> cyrus? However after subscription the error still comes up.

Maybe defaults changed in Kolab setup but the use of subscriptions is
configurable in /etc/roundcubemail/libkolab.inc.php

$config['kolab_use_subscriptions'] = true;

> But you pointed in the direction of cyrus: On ubuntu 14.04 I have
> installed the maintainer's cyrus-imapd-2.4 version
> 2.4.17+caldav~beta9-3, since there is no cyrus-imap in the 14.04
> kolab-3.2-repository. However, I hope that cyrus does not change a lot
> in between kolab- and official version, so this shouldn't be an issue...
> true?
>
> But: after some installing and reinstalling cyrus-versions, the mapping
> of ldap uids (e.g. tu) to mailbox (e.g. test.user at domain.com) does not
> work anymore. Maybe here is also the problem for iRony. Strangely for
> alias addresses it DOES work. Where are the settings for this in cyrus?

Could be a reason but iRony is supposed to resolve usernames through
LDAP first. That's done using the kolab_auth plugin also used for
webmail logins.

What was again the full request URI that triggers the referenced exceptions?

Best,
Thomas