Restricting message deletion for email accounts with Kolab?

Karma Kolabor kolaborista at gmail.com
Thu Jan 23 18:23:14 CET 2014

Hi,

another one: is it possible to setup email accounts with Kolab that
are not allowed to delete messages?

Usually I would use some IMAP ACL fiddling to set this up, however
this sometimes breaks client applications where developers did not
expect that emails can not be deleted (had much fun with this).

Does Kolab support such a feature? This is often needed in a more
company-like setup where e.g. first-level support emails should never
be deleted (by accident, of course, nobody assumes that people doing
first level support would ever be so evil to delete stuff, but helping
them being good is a good thing itself :)

Again, please excuse if there is some very obvious admin setting that
would have answered this question - I still can not see the Kolab
web-admin as I am blocked by a debian install issue (see my other
threads).

Thanks again,
Karma