hide/disable non-Mail folders in imap-clients?

Erik M Jacobs erik at jumpshipservices.co
Thu Feb 27 17:10:26 CET 2014

On 02/27/2014 03:23 AM, Jan Hofmann wrote:
> hi,
>
> is there any way to hide or disable the non-mail folders, like
> Configuration, Calender, Contacts, from beeing published through imap?
> None of my users uses a real kolab-Client, they all use Imap and
> CalDAV/CardDAV.
>
> Yes, unsubscribe from them in their mail clients would be possible for
> some (for some not: Apple Mail can only subscribe and unsubscribe for
> public/shared folders), but most of them are not-so-technical-people
> (family e.g.)
>
> Is this possible in Kolab?

The issue here is that those folders are doing the "right" thing, and
are also required for Roundcube to work properly.  The mail client is
doing the "wrong" thing, because it doesn't implement the IMAP RFC
correctly / at all.  There's an open bug, for example, on Thunderbird
for this.

As others have suggested, unsubscribing from those folders in your mail
client is the "correct" thing to do.  But, really, the mail client is
broken.

-E