Recommended setup for splitting MTA and IMAP

Pedro Antunes jpmantunes at gmail.com
Tue Dec 30 00:19:05 CET 2014

Hi Carlos,

Thank you for that, I had already looked into the mailing list's archives
but couldn't find what I was looking for.

Essentially, I understand (from
https://github.com/TBits/lbs-kolab/blob/master/cyrus-imapd/debian/README.postfix
*) what changes need to be done so that lmtp uses a network interface/port
instead of the /var/run/cyrus/socket/lmtp socket that is the default
setting, but what I was looking for is if there is a pykolab script or
configuration file that I can edit before running setup-kolab that sets the
new default.

I'll try to run the setup-kolab *component* approach as discussed in a
thread between Trogdor Wasaman and Jan Kowalsky to see if running MTA and
IMAP installations with different hosts triggers a different configuration

* actually the configuration suggested in that file is incorrect since the
sasl_password should be hashed so postmap hash*:*/etc/postfix/sasl_passwd
should be used instead of postmap sasl_passwd and in cyrus.conf the line
should read lmtp cmd="lmtpd" listen="lmtp -a" instead of lmtp cmd="lmtpd"
listen="lmtp". At least that's what worked for me... YMMV.

Regards,
Pedro