Kolab 3 habits...

Thomas Jensch riepernet at fsfe.org
Wed Dec 10 09:49:01 CET 2014

Hello,

wanted to reply to this for quite some time now...

* Tardif, Christian <christian.tardif at servinfo.ca> [2014-02-21T22:25+0200]:

> Some little questions for all of you guys. How are you connecting to
> read your mails?

mail
gnu/linux: mutt + notmuch + offlineimap + ssmtp
    I suggest mutt with USE="sidebar" (mutt-ng?) although it is still a
    bit annoying to change mail directories in mutt, therefore I
    also overhauled email processing. Somewhat similiar to Getting
    Things Done methodology I simplified email directories into
    [Inbox|action (+drafts)|waiting for (+sent)|txt (aka to
    read)|archive] and use the excellent 'limit' command to search /
    filter messages.
    notmuch is an email-indexer, although I am not sure whether i really
    use it.
    offlineimap takes care of syncing the mailboxes with kolab.
    ssmtp is as far as I undestood to transport mail to kolab in order
    to get sent to the recipients.
windows: roundcube
    not that I use that system often, fiddled around with kontact
    for windows, but webmail seems to be the easiest option.
    a friend of mine uses outlook, but i still have to have a look at
    his setup.
android: k9
    on the phone I only sync the Inbox and the action folder.
not-my-box: roundcube
    most likely a no-brainer ;)

calendar
gnu/linux: khal[1] + roundcube / phone
    cli app, I am using an older version, because I wasnt able to write
    an ebuild for the recent one. I use my phone or roundcube to edit /
    create new events.
android: built-in app (corporate account) w/ several front-ends
    just created a corporate account (unchecked email sync) and
    downloaded a couple of calendar apps. Most of the time I use my
    phone to create new events.

addressbook
gnu/linux: pycarddav[2] + roundcube
    Hugo Roy already explained how to integrate kolab addressbook and
    mutt[3]. I maintain the entries via roundcube.
android: built-in app (corporate account)
    As with the calendar I use the built-in app.

files
gnu/linux: dolphin
    fstab/davfs also works, but since I dont use files very much,
    setting up a 'davs dolphin favorite' is the easiest and quickest for
    me.
android: total commander, folder sync lite
    I use total commander to access the files and folder sync lite to
    backup my image directory (replacing the google photo sync). that
    works really nice.

not-yet-working
tasks, notes
    dont know any (cli-)programm/android app to sync that.
files: sync directories like owncloud/dropbox
    is there any way to automaticly sync folders (gnu/linx system) to
    kolab|files?

mfg
thomas

[1] https://github.com/geier/khal