Kolab 3 habits...

Carpenter, Troy troy at carpenter.cx
Wed Dec 10 16:11:24 CET 2014

On 2014-12-10 3:49 am, Thomas Jensch wrote:
> Hello,
>
> wanted to reply to this for quite some time now...
>
> * Tardif, Christian <christian.tardif at servinfo.ca>
> [2014-02-21T22:25+0200]:
>
>> Some little questions for all of you guys. How are you connecting to
>> read your mails?
>
> mail
> android: k9
>     on the phone I only sync the Inbox and the action folder.
>
> calendar
> android: built-in app (corporate account) w/ several front-ends
>     just created a corporate account (unchecked email sync) and
>     downloaded a couple of calendar apps. Most of the time I use my
>     phone to create new events.
>
> addressbook
> android: built-in app (corporate account)
>     As with the calendar I use the built-in app.
>
> not-yet-working
> tasks, notes
>     dont know any (cli-)programm/android app to sync that.
> files: sync directories like owncloud/dropbox
>     is there any way to automaticly sync folders (gnu/linx system) to
>     kolab|files?
>
> mfg
> thomas

You might want to try Nine on Android
(https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ninefolders.hd3).  It
is updated quite regularly, is very customizable, and is on sale for $10
right now.

Nine handles Actviesync actions for all items except files (I don't
think Syncroton handles files), so you don't use the built-in Android
Exchange client.  You use the actual Nine client for email, notes and
tasks.  Nine syncs with the built-in apps for calendar and contacts.

--
Troy Carpenter
troy at carpenter dot cx