Kolab 3.3 / primary_mail

Tobias Geiger tobias.geiger at vido.info
Thu Aug 7 14:07:33 CEST 2014

Hello,

yesterday is tried out kolab 3.3 and had strange behaviour regarding
"primary_mail" in kolab.conf;
My goal is to have a freely editable field for "primary_mail", because i
try to migrate from a setup where it does not conform
name.lastname at domain convention.

First i thought a "secondary email" to the original is enough, but then
i saw that cyrus imap login is not possible with these secondary email
adresses - only with the primary one.

So i set "primary_mail" to an empty string in kolab.conf and
"admin_auto_fields_rw = true" - which enabled a freely editable "primary
mail" field in webadmin. so far so good, but somehow these values dont
last, after a reboot (or after some time, i guess when some kolab timer
kicks in) the primary_mail field in ldap is empty and the cyrus mailbox
is moved into nirvana ...

This is a desaster and i'm glad i didn't migrate my real mailboxes yet
;)

so - whats the right way to either get cyrus to auth also
aliases/secondarymails or to get a freely editable primary_mail field in
kolab 3.3 ?

Thanks & Greetings
Tobias