Kolab-Webmail seems to ignore mailHost from LDAP

Tobias Szyndler szyndler at datapark.ch
Tue Sep 10 08:23:48 CEST 2013

Hi Jeroen
Am 09.09.2013 18:48, schrieb Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab Systems):

> For a user to not need to know what backend his/her mailbox is
> actually on, one would typically point the web client to a frontend
> IMAP server - however this is only applicable to actual murder
> topologies.

that's exactly how I finally solved it. Send the webmail to the proxy
and let it connect to the backend from LDAP
> This will also eliminate the need for the user to use a specific
> backend host when connecting with another client (like Kontact) as well.
>
> Other methods include NGINX IMAP proxies, along with a little bit of a
> PHP script.
>
> That said, there's no way for Roundcube to automatically, autonomously
> and disjunct from other clients, figure out what server a user's
> mailbox may be on.
I understand. Just thought that roundcube default_host could might be
set from LDAD. Learned something new :-)

> Kind regards,
>
> Jeroen van Meeuwen

Now I got the problem that the calendar (kolab-syncroton) does not work
on the mobiles anymore.
May I ask one more question? What components need to be running on a
server which offers mobile sync? webmail and syncroton quite sure but
does the mailbox itself need to be running on the **same** machine? What
about other services (e.g. kolab-daemon)?

Thanks a lot for you support (Kolab is really a great piece of software.
I'm quite new to kolab but I think it's really one of the most complete
solutions around)

tobi
--
Datapark AG