Kolab-Webmail seems to ignore mailHost from LDAP

Tobias Szyndler szyndler at datapark.ch
Mon Sep 9 16:47:29 CEST 2013

I still got the problem that the mailHost field from LDAP is ignored by
kolab-webclient.
Found in config/ldap_authentication.inc.php that it seems to be possible
to pass values from LDAP on $rcmail_config variables
So I set the following

<<
# tried mailhost as well but does not work eighter
$rcmail_config['default_host'] = 'mailHost';

to add the LDAP mailHost field as the default host.
But according to tcpdump the IMAP connection from kolab-webclient to the
cyrus backend is always performed on localhost. Which can never work in
my environment.

Is it simply not possible to set the default_host from LDAP? If I
manually set default_host to the backend's IP then it works like expected.
Is it maybe a bug in kolab which leads to ignore the mailHost field when
set in LDAP?

I checked tha LDAP logs and according to them the login from
kolab-webclient gets a result back from LDAP (nentries=1)

<<
[09/Sep/2013:16:33:46 +0200] conn=696 op=1 RESULT err=0 tag=101
nentries=1 etime=0

Any hint would be really highly appreciated.
Everything else from kolab works fine, just the webclient does behave
weird :-)

Thanks

tobi

--