Kolab-Webmail seems to ignore mailHost from LDAP

Tobias Szyndler szyndler at datapark.ch
Wed Sep 4 16:46:46 CEST 2013

Hello list

got a problem with a multi server setup of kolab 3.0
Actually I have a LDAP server and a mailbox server. On a third server I
want to have the webmail-client (roundcube) running. LDAP is fine and
connects to the correct mailbox server according to mailHost setting of
the user in LDAP. New accounts can be created on imap. So the
communication between LDAP and mailbox server should be okay.
The problem is the third server which runs the webmail. For me it seems
that the webmailclient does not use the mailHost attribute from LDAP. It
always connects to localhost, which fails as on the webmail server there
is no imap. I saw in main.in.php that there is a default_host setting
which i commented out. Then the webmail login showed me a third line to
specify the server to which the webmail connects. But even if I set
there the correct IP address of the imap server the logins always fail.
The strange thing is that according to cyrus logs (on mailbox server)
the logins from roundcube are valid and access is granted. But roundcube
always shows "login failed".
The main question is: Is there a way for roundcube to get the mailHost
information from LDAP? So the user does not have to know which backend
he/she actually is on.

Thanks for any tip

tobi