Some issue on primary email address and default aliases

Antonio Straziota devgioiatech at gmail.com
Thu Oct 3 18:55:29 CEST 2013

Hi guys,
these are my issue:

- User with space in given name
when I try to insert a user with a space in the given name (e.g. Antonio
 Ciccio), the primary mail is created with the space.

when I'm filling the user form, the primary mail is epurated from the space
but when I submit the form, email is create with the space.
I get the error both from ldapadd and kolab.webadmin

- Remove default aliases:
I tried to remove a generated alias from kolab-webadmin (e.g.
a.straziota a example.com)
After that, looking at contact information tab that alias is still there.
On users I've created by ldapadd,  in addition to that another alias is
generated (e.g. ig I remove straziota2 a example.com, that alias continue to
exists and it is generated straziota2 a example.com).

I know I can remove this entry from kolab.conf, but i need to remove it
from an existing user and I prefer to not remove the user to change default
aliases.
This issue occurs only on default aliases.

Any idea?

Thanks.