ldap error while accessing roundcube addressbook. Help for debugging

Jan Kowalsky tuxus at notraces.net
Sat Nov 30 17:13:07 CET 2013

Hi all,

I'd like to ask people for help while debugging my roundcube installation.

Since any update or change of configuration (I can't remember exactly when it
appeared first) I get the error:

LDAP Error: Bind  failed for dn=uid=kolab-service,ou=Special
Users,dc=example,dc=net: Can't contact LDAP server in
/usr/share/roundcubemail/program/lib/Roundcube/rcube_ldap_generic.php on line
285 (GET /roundcubemail/?_task=addressbook)

in /var/log/roundcube/errors

when I try to access the address book in roundcube.

Everything else works. So the connection to ldap-server is working at all.

I took a look in
/usr/share/roundcubemail/program/lib/Roundcube/rcube_ldap_generic.php
but actually don't understand how to get more infos for debugging, eg. to
which host it tries actually to connect.

I already set the debug-level in roundcube to 5

(Debian 7.0 with kolab 3.1 and roundcubemail 1:1.0~dev20131125-1~kolab1)

Thanks for any hint.

Best regards
Jan