can't connect to Sieve

Geoff Nordli geoffn at gnaa.net
Thu Nov 21 20:17:35 CET 2013

I am running Kolab Enterprise on CentOS 6.4.

When I try to adjust filters in roundcube, it says it can't connect to
the server.

When I try to test connectivity from Bynari Outlook connector, it says
it can connect to Sieve, but authentication fails.

When I telnet to port 4190, I can connect to sieve port.  This is more
of a test to make sure the port is open and the service is listening.

When I try to use the Sieve addon inside Thunderbird, i can't get it to
connect, but when doing a tcpdump on the wire, I see a connection
between the client and server.  The session just "hangs" though when I
try to set anything.

Obviously, I am doing something wrong.

Any pointers?

thanks,