uid regeneration

Michael kolab983 at der-he.de
Tue Nov 12 20:03:07 CET 2013

PS: I had to kill/remove/delete the kolab-saslauthd auth-cache.db

After importing my old ldap and data kolab did rewrite all UIDs.
For user "Test Nutzer" first it was:
 uid=testnutzer562,ou=People,[...]
now it is:
 uid=nutzer,ou=People,[...]

But there were some auth-data cached. So even if
$ testsaslauthd -u nutzer -p test
succeeded, imap login was not possible.
watching the 389-logs it got translated to the old dn:
 uid=testnutzer562,ou=People,[...].

Two hours later I found out that even if kolab requires a slapd server
and mysql database, it still caches data in some sqlite database...

Stopping all kolab services and deleting /var/lib/kolab/auth_cache.db
and then restarting all services helped out.

Regards
Michael