uid regeneration

Michael kolab983 at der-he.de
Tue Nov 12 13:29:09 CET 2013

Am Tue, 12 Nov 2013 12:31:59 +0100 schrieb Torsten Grote <grote at kolabsys.com>:

> On Tuesday 12 November 2013 12:18:25 Michael wrote:
> > It's because all the uid gets generated by givenName and sn. Is this a bug
> > or a feature?
>
> Sounds like UID policy to me:

I knew there are policies applied if one creates a new user. But I didn't knew they get applied for existing accounts, changing things like the globally unique identifier one the fly. I think, you have to take many side effects into account if you do so. Ok, if this is the case and you are doing it well (renaming whole mailboxes, checking for conflicts, etc.), then it seams reasonable to do so.

Regards
Michael