cyrus-imapd.deb: formal Version 2.4.17, in real it is 2.4.3

Christoph Wickert wickert at kolabsys.com
Wed Nov 6 16:43:14 CET 2013

On Wednesday 06 November 2013 13:28:54 Michael wrote:
> Hi list,
> dear Paul.
>
> I'm using Kolab 3 and debian wheezy via packages from:
> http://mirror.kolabsys.com/pub/debian/kolab-3.0/dists/wheezy/release/source/
> Sources.gz
>
> It's basically working fine, but I'm affected by some bugs which are present
> in cyrus-imapd 2.4.3 but are solved in the official cyrus-imapd version
> 2.4.17 [1].
>
> Why are you using upstream sources version 2.4.17 and are patching those
> back to 2.4.3 in the debian package?

We are not patching to 2.4.3. The cyrus package in
http://mirror.kolabsys.com/pub/debian/kolab-3.0/dists/wheezy/release/source/Sources.gz
is 2.4.17-2, that is upstream 2.4.17 and the 2rd release (a.k.a.
debian_version) of it.

In binary-amd64 and binary-i386 we also have a 2.4.17-3 package. it was built
by Paul and he probably forgot to upload the source package. But the difference
between the two packages is pretty minor, see
http://git.kolabsys.com/apt/cyrus-imapd/commit/?id=4552dbe88

Best regards,
Christoph

--