Emailing to shared folders in Kolab3

Kolab Users kolab-users at ostech.com.au
Wed Mar 27 05:33:42 CET 2013

Hi Torsten

On 26-Mar-13 8:04 PM, Torsten Grote wrote:
> On Tuesday 26 March 2013 11:30:35 Kolab Users wrote:
>> We're also assuming the email address to email to is something like:
>>
>> shared+foldername at domain.tld ?
>>
>> Please advise/assist if you have suggestions.
> Did you try just sending an email to
>
>      shared+shared/foldername at domain.tld
>
> ?
>
> Regards,
> Torsten

When trying the format shared+shared/foldername at domain.tld we get "User
unknown", this is good as it means it's almost getting there. Just need
Kolab3 to accept it now as a known user.

Going through those instructions again, I see:

Step #5 : In the kolab admin interface, you need to go to /Addressbook/
and then to /Create New vCard/
Step #6 : Fill in a first and last name, they can be whatever you like.
Something like *shared* and *sales* would suffice
Step #7 : For the /Primary E-Mail Address/ field you would type
*kolab+shared.sales at computers.com*
The email address now used to post messages is :
*kolab+shared.sales at computers.com*.

For step 5, a new vCard. Where do we make this vCard in Kolab3? do we
simply create a "Kolab User" with the primary email address of
"shared+shared/foldername at domain.tld" and try to email that? (which will
perform an LDAP entry) or do we create an address book entry in say, my
personal webmail account?

Please advise, we'd really love to work this one out and get it working.

Thanks.

Michael.