NAT firewall

Alex Moen alexm at ndtel.com
Mon Mar 25 14:58:44 CET 2013

On 03/25/2013 08:42 AM, Alex Moen wrote:
> [...]
> in the grand scheme of our network, but as I said, I can'tfind the docs
> to show how to do that.
>
> SELINUX and the ipchains firewall are both disabled.
>
> One thing that I do notice that has confused me a bit: the
> /etc/kolab/kolab.conf file has not been overwritten. It contains all of
> the default information, and has not been updated using the changes in
> the /root/mykolab.conf file.  This seems a bit confusing, asthe docs
> state that the /etc/kolab/kolab.conf file will be rewritten by
> thesetup-ds-admin.pl process invoked by the installation.
>
> I did *not* run the installation using the --fqdn option originally.
> That may have been my mistake. However, in trying to rerun the
> installation with the --fqdn option, the installation bombs with the
> following:
>
> Setup is now going to set up the 389 Directory Server. This may take a
> little
> while (during which period there is no output and no progress indication).
>
> Shutting down dirsrv:
> kolab... [  OK  ]
> Starting dirsrv:
> kolab... [  OK  ]
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>     File "/usr/sbin/setup-kolab", line 42, in <module>
> setup.run()
>     File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/pykolab/setup/__init__.py",
> line 43, in run
> components.execute('_'.join(to_execute))
>     File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/pykolab/setup/components.py",
> line 170, in execute
> execute(component)
>     File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/pykolab/setup/components.py",
> line 202, in execute
> components[component_name]['function'](conf.cli_args, kw)
>     File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/pykolab/setup/setup_ldap.py",
> line 405, in execute
> auth._auth.ldap.add_s(dn, ldif)
>     File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/site-packages/ldap/ldapobject.py", line
> 195, in add_s
>       return self.result(msgid,all=1,timeout=self.timeout)
>     File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/site-packages/ldap/ldapobject.py", line
> 458, in result
>       resp_type, resp_data, resp_msgid = self.result2(msgid,all,timeout)
>     File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/site-packages/ldap/ldapobject.py", line
> 462, in result2
>       resp_type, resp_data, resp_msgid, resp_ctrls =
> self.result3(msgid,all,timeout)
>     File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/site-packages/ldap/ldapobject.py", line
> 469, in result3
> resp_ctrl_classes=resp_ctrl_classes
>     File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/site-packages/ldap/ldapobject.py", line
> 476, in result4
> ldap_result =
> self._ldap_call(self._l.result4,msgid,all,timeout,add_ctrls,add_intermediates,add_extop)
>     File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/site-packages/ldap/ldapobject.py", line
> 99, in _ldap_call
>       result = func(*args,**kwargs)
> ldap.ALREADY_EXISTS: {'desc': 'Already exists'}

Forgot a couple of things:

I ran the troubleshooting steps in Chapter 5.1.1 of the installation
guide with the following results:

# sestatus
SELinux status:                 disabled

# su -s /bin/bash - apache -c '/usr/lib64/mozldap/ldapsearch --help
 >/dev/null 2>&1; echo $?'
89

# mysql -u root -p kolab -e 'SHOW TABLES;'
Enter password:
+-----------------+
| Tables_in_kolab |
| group_types     |