iPhone Activesync

Aleksander Machniak machniak at kolabsys.com
Thu Mar 21 08:31:20 CET 2013

On 03/21/2013 04:48 AM, Bruce Marriner wrote:
> I've noticed two things, well maybe three, when configuring an iPhone
> for Activesync.  I'll need to test if this applies to other devices as
> well.
>
> When adding a phone the defaults only set the "Inbox" to sync and none
> of the other folders.  This means, by default you cannot delete messages
> on the iPhone or have sent messages go into your Sent folder.

Default set of folders is produced according to defined folder types (in
IMAP annotations). Make sure you have enabled and configured
kolab_folders plugin in Roundcube. By default we auto-subscribe INBOX
and folders in personal namespace annotated as:
- mail.draft,
- mail.wastebasket,
- mail.sentitems,
- mail.outbox,
- event.default,
- contact.default,
- task.default,
- event,
- contact,
- task

> Then, when you have shared calendars it doesn't display who they are
> shared by.  So, if I have a couple of shared "Calendar" folders, they
> all display as just "Calendar" and that can be a bit confusing.

This might be an issue. I personally didn't tested already any device
with multi-folder support.

--
Aleksander Machniak
Software Developer