Trouble sending/receiving attachments over a certain size

Falicia, Gregory gregory at netq.com
Fri Mar 1 06:46:49 CET 2013

Thank you for your response Alexej!

The file is located in two places on my CentOS v6.3 system as below:

# find / |grep main.cf
/etc/postfix/main.cf
/usr/libexec/postfix/main.cf

however . . message_size_limit is not found in either file . .. any
ideas ?

The other items I found and modified as below.
But when I upload a file close but below that size the file indicates
its uploading but never completes ??

Gregory.

On 02/28/2013 8:37 pm, Fеnикs wrote:

> Hello!
>
> There are 4 parameters you'll need to look at:
> 1. post_max_size and upload_max_filesize in php.ini -- they will only limit the
> size of attachments uploaded via webclient.
> 2. message_size_limit in postfix/main.cf -- this will limit the size of the
> whole letter in postfix in bytes. Keep in mind, that this includes the text of
> the message itself and, if attachment is not a text file, it will be base64
> encoded increasing it's size by about 1/3.
> 3. max_allowed_packet in mysql/my.cnf -- this parameter also limits message
> attachment size, as Kolab passes messages through database.
>
> So, if you'd like to allow your users to send mails with binary attachments of
> 30M maximum, values would be something like:
> php.ini:
> post_max_size = 30M
> upload_max_filesize = 30M
> postfix/main.cf:
> message_size_limit = 41943040
> mysql/my.cnf
> max_allowed_packet = 40M
>
> Respects,
> Alexej
>
> On Thursday 28 February 2013 23:42:40 Justin Jones wrote:
>
>> On 28/02/2013 16:49, Falicia, Gregory wrote: Hello! I am having trouble sending/receiving attachments over a certain size in Kolab 3. It would appear that the send limit is 2mb . . I do not know the receive limit, but folks are having trouble sending me attachments that exceed some predefined limit Is there a setting somewhere for this ? I would like to increase these limits a bit. Thank you in advance! -- Gregory. _______________________________________________ Kolab-users mailing list Kolab-users at kolab.org https://www.intevation.de/mailman/listinfo/kolab-users [1] Yes, you would need to increase the resource settings in your php.ini file. Maximum file upload size and Maximum HTTP POST size need to be increased. Try experimenting a bit. That should do it unless, I have missed something! Justin

Links:
------