Kolab Installation on clean Debian Wheezy

Onno Hensgen onno.hensgen at aquaduna.com
Fri Jan 18 17:11:19 CET 2013

Hi,

I just finished a Kolab 3.0 Installation on a clean Debian Wheezy Beta4 (untouched, no SELinux). Went very smooth. But I got a few questions/errors:

1. It seems like the packages are missing a kolab_logo.png. The roundcube logo points to "skins/kolab/images/kolab_logo.png". But the folder "skins/kolab" does not exist.

2. I get three repeating warnings in the pykolab log, are those normal?
- WARNING Option imap/virtual_domains does not exist in config file /etc/kolab/kolab.conf, pulling from defaults
- pykolab.smtp_access_policy ERROR Operational Error in caching: (OperationalError) (1045, "Access denied for user 'user'@'localhost' (using password: YES)") None None
- pykolab.imap WARNING Private annotations need to be set using the appropriate user account.

3. One error in syslog:
- imap[8028]: IOERROR: opening /var/lib/imap/user_deny.db: No such file or directory
I fixed this one by creating an empty user_deny.db file (hint from http://lists.andrew.cmu.edu/pipermail/info-cyrus/2011-July/035175.html)

4. What is the proper way for shared mail folders (like public non-personal mail folders in the company)? I found a posting where kolab cm "shared.xy at ..." was used. Is there a way to use the WebUI for management? Do the resources have anything to do with that? I can't try the resources because I got the same error like http://lists.kolab.org/pipermail/kolab-users/2013-January/014330.html. I can create a resource, but they are not listed on the left afterwards. I'm also wondering where the predefined categories like Cars, Beamer, etc are defined.

Thanks a lot for Kolab 3.0. After testing and resolving the missing issues we are happy to try it in production.

Greetings
Onno