kolab metadata

Diane Trout diane at ghic.org
Wed Jan 16 09:53:46 CET 2013

On Wednesday, January 16, 2013 09:15:33 Torsten Grote wrote:
> On Tuesday 15 January 2013 23:30:26 Mihai Badici wrote:
> > I compiled dovecot with metadata support for slackware, you can read on
> > planetkolab my notes.
>
> Here's the link:
>
> https://www.kolab.org/blog/grote/2012/10/09/using-kolab-dovecot-imap-server
>
> Diane, if you want to share you experiences with Dovecot as well that would
> be nice.

I was trying to understand the various peices a bit more.

I did find where the round cube source was installed and it too looks like can
use either ANNOTATEMORE or METADATA IMAP extensions.

Ahha, it does look like pykolab has a dependency on the ANNOTATEMORE extension
because of the following. In

http://git.kolab.org/pykolab/tree/pykolab/imap/__init__.py#n138

kolab tries to use a cyrus specific, dovecot specific, or python generic module
for talking to the IMAP server. The cyrus and imaplib modules seem to be
sending GETANOTATION calls (e.g. the old specification)

As far as I can tell the dovecot.py module isn't available, unless the
dovecot.py in pysieved is somehow relevant.

Diane