Newer than Wheezy Korganizer?

Diane Trout diane at ghic.org
Thu Jan 3 20:09:05 CET 2013

On Thu, Jan 03, 2013 at 01:35:05PM +0100, Torsten Grote wrote:
> > I noticed that you're packaging Kolab 3.0 for wheezy, but the korganizer
> > packages are pretty old.
>
> We are packaging the Kolab _server_ for wheezy, but not the client.

I suspected that, but wanted to check. Although where is the 3.0 wheezy
package? I didn't find it when poking through the debian repositories.

> I'm running Debian myself, but since the packages are so old and the situation
> doesn't seem to be improving, I switched to building from source.
>
> https://kolab.org/blog/grote/2012/10/04/compiling-kde-kontact-source

following the KDE Getting Started Build Environment Guide.

http://techbase.kde.org/Getting_Started/Build/Environment

> As far as I know, the KDE Debian packagers seriously lack womenpower, so if
> you could help them out with packaging, that would be awesome!

I've been trying to figure out how to build 4.9.95. Though its slow going.

Diane