Owncloud with Kolab LDAP Backend

Jan Kowalsky tuxus at notraces.net
Mon Dec 16 20:37:12 CET 2013

Hi Christian,

Am Monday, 16. December 2013 schrieb Christian Hügel:
> Hi Jan,
>
> thank you so much for your answer. So basically I did following:
>
> 1. set up a user in OC with the username test at example.com (this user
> exists in kolab and I can login to the webmail gui)

I'm not shure if I understand right: You set up the same user-name in OC? Then
I think here is the problem: The ldap-backend is ment to be a completely
replace of the OC user backend.

All your ldap-users can login in OC (maybe with optional filtes like a group -
I tried it with roles without success sol long) - you don't have to set up
them in OC.

It makes sense only to set up users in OC locally - if they don't have to be
in ldap - and one admin account of course for configuring the ldap.

> 2. Adjusted the ldap options like you mentioned in your previous mail.
> 3. Still get the error
>
> Automatischer Login zurückgewiesen!
> Wenn Du Dein Passwort nicht vor kurzem geändert hast, könnte Dein
> Account kompromittiert sein!
> Bitte ändere Dein Passwort, um Deinen Account wieder zu schützen.

If I understood it right, this is because your account exist's two times with
different credencials: once in OC, once in ldap.

> So I've tried to login with the credentials set in OC and i can login.

yes, ok.

> I've noticed that, if you check the kolabinetorgperson the query finds
> only one user; if unchecked it finds 9.
>
> Is it required to put all my domains in Server -> Base-DN and
> Advanced->Base-UserTree? Or only those domains I'm log in to?

only those domains you want to log in.

Regards
Jan