Kolab 3.0 and multiple domains

Jeroen van Meeuwen vanmeeuwen at kolabsys.com
Wed Sep 12 17:05:01 CEST 2012

On Wednesday, September 12, 2012 05:20:45 PM Liutauras Adomaitis wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I have setup test installation of Kolab 3.0.
> I have been playing around and added additional domain using kolab-webadmin.
> Now I cannot remove it. Clicking "Delete" button doesn't do anything.
>
> Questions:
> 1. How do I delete the additional domain?

Deleting a domain involves a lot more actions than just simply removing the
reference to it, and I'm afraid I haven't gone through the motions of making
it happen.

> 2. How do I setup kolab3 for several domains, I want my users to have
> example.com, example.org emails.

These would be considered domain aliases. Create a domain or edit an existing
domain, and click the + to add domain aliases.

> 3. Can someone elaborate on hosted Kolab terminology? What is the
> difference between management domain, primary domain, primary hosted
> domain?

Perhaps the documentation can help you out here:

  http://docs.kolab.org/en-
US/Kolab_Groupware/3.0/html/Administrator_Guide/chap-Administrator_Guide-
Hosted_Kolab_Groupware_Setup.html

> My understanding of hosted service, is that a hosting
> organization has a hosted kolab installation and provides kolab as a
> service to other organizations. Hosted Kolab or Kolab as a service is
> not transparent and is accessible to the users within one
> organization, in other words users from one hosted kolab org, cannot
> see any resources in other hosted kolab organization.

If Provider, Inc. were to set up Hosted Kolab for organization "Kolab Systems
AG" and as a demo for the Kolab community, things would look as follows:

- Management domain: provider.com (dc=provider,dc=com)

- Primary hosted domain: demo.kolab.org (dc=demo,dc=kolab,dc=org)

  This would be the domain that is open to registration for the public.

- Hosted domains: demo.kolab.org, kolabsys.com.

  Obviously kolabsys.com would not be open to the public ;-)

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen

--
Systems Architect