Migration from 2.3.1 to 2.4

Jeroen van Meeuwen vanmeeuwen at kolabsys.com
Fri Oct 5 21:27:32 CEST 2012

On Friday, October 05, 2012 12:46:44 AM Christian Tardif wrote:
> I'm actually in the process of upgrading from 2.3.1 to 2.4 (and test the
> script you provided).
>
> But I have a problem I must fix before. The installation went well, but
> after basic configuration, I can't login to /kolab-webadmin interface. I
> keep getting an Internal system error. What did I missed? All the
> services seem to start correctly, selinux is disabled, as the firewall is.

There should be an errors file in /var/log/kolab-webadmin/ that could help
you, but to increase verbosity you may want to enable all calls to console()
throughout the webadmin;

 # cd /usr/share/kolab-webadmin
 # sed -r -i -e 's|^(\s*)//console|\1console|g' `find . -type f -name "*.php"`

This should give you very verbose output in /var/log/kolab-webadmin/console

The inverse (to silence the web admin again) is:

 # sed -r -i -e 's|^(\s*)console|\1//console|g' `find . -type f -name "*.php"`

> On 18/09/2012 05:16, Jeroen van Meeuwen wrote:
> > You wouldn't be able to spawn a VM and see what, between ldapsearches
> > against your Kolab 2.3 server, and ldapadds against your Kolab 3.0
> > server, would need to happen to migrate your LDAP data, would you?

That said, I think any migration path is likely to be in the form of LDIF, not
via the web admin (unless for a limited number of users maybe?).

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen

--
Systems Architect