Outlook 2010 client and free busy?

Mark Berndt marko at mechtron.com.au
Mon Mar 19 23:28:31 CET 2012

On Tue, 20 Mar 2012 07:23:58 am Thorsten Schnebeck wrote:
> Am Montag 19 März 2012, 14:58:18 schrieb Shawn Walker:
> > Hello Thorsten,
> >
> > Have you tried using https?  Though you will have to have Windows trust
> > the certificate for Outlook Free/Busy to use https.  I'm not sure how
> > your Kolab Horde server is configured.  Have you tried using the browser
> > (IE, Firefox, Chrome, etc) by using the HTTP/HTTPS URL you are
> > attempting to see if they work?
> >
> > Replace %NAME% with the user id you are trying to get the Free/Busy from
> > in the browser URL location.
>
> Hi Shawn,
>
> there is no problem with the URL as long as I do not use username+password.
> I can watch the apache log and see %NAME% and paths works perfectly. But
> Kolab wants authentication when using http-get. It does not matter if you
> use http or https. The latter calls only for more trouble as you have to
> take care of certs.
>
> The problem is an URL of
>  http[s]://user%40domain.tld:SECRET at kolab.domain.tdl/freebusy/%NAME%@doman.
> tld.ifb
>
> When using user%40domain.tld:SECRET as auth together with http or https it
> does not work with Outlook 2010 (German 32bit).  I read somewhere that OL
> 2010 supports this type of authentication only for FTP URLs.
>
> When disabling authentication Kolab moans about this and crashes the apache
> session.
>
> I do not have high hopes that I can fix Outlook if not somewhere has a
> secret registry key where you can setup auth separately or a magic URL
> syntax. But I hope PHP master Gunnar knows why Kolab insists on FB+auth
> when its globally disabled :-)
>
> Bye
>
>   Thorsten

I think the http control does not allow authentication in url's anymore

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/834489

I have the same problem and I can't get the fix to work.  There is an outlook
2010 hotfix to do with free/busy auth (sorry no number), but this did not help
me to get 2010 working with kolab 2.3.4.

cheers

Marko