Outlook 2010 client and free busy?

Thorsten Schnebeck thorsten.schnebeck at gmx.net
Mon Mar 19 21:23:58 CET 2012

Am Montag 19 März 2012, 14:58:18 schrieb Shawn Walker:
> Hello Thorsten,
>
> Have you tried using https?  Though you will have to have Windows trust the
> certificate for Outlook Free/Busy to use https.  I'm not sure how your
> Kolab Horde server is configured.  Have you tried using the browser (IE,
> Firefox, Chrome, etc) by using the HTTP/HTTPS URL you are attempting to see
> if they work?
>
> Replace %NAME% with the user id you are trying to get the Free/Busy from in
> the browser URL location.

Hi Shawn,

there is no problem with the URL as long as I do not use username+password. I can watch the
apache log and see %NAME% and paths works perfectly. But Kolab wants authentication when using
http-get. It does not matter if you use http or https. The latter calls only for more trouble as you
have to take care of certs.

The problem is an URL of
 http[s]://user%40domain.tld:SECRET at kolab.domain.tdl/freebusy/%NAME%@doman.tld.ifb

When using user%40domain.tld:SECRET as auth together with http or https it does not work with
Outlook 2010 (German 32bit).  I read somewhere that OL 2010 supports this type of authentication
only for FTP URLs.

When disabling authentication Kolab moans about this and crashes the apache session.

I do not have high hopes that I can fix Outlook if not somewhere has a secret registry key
where you can setup auth separately or a magic URL syntax. But I hope PHP master Gunnar knows
why Kolab insists on FB+auth when its globally disabled :-)

Bye

  Thorsten