kolab 2.4 and NGINX - Correct rewriting?

Johannes Graumann johannes_graumann at web.de
Wed Jul 25 15:26:08 CEST 2012

Dear all,

After much struggle I have a (possibly) functional kolab 2.4 system in a
centos lxc container up and running. There are other web services provided
by different containers and the host is running nginx to distribute
requests.

I have come up with the following server configuration for the kolab-related
URLs:

> server {
>    listen   443;
>    server_name  mail.<MYDOMAIN>.org mail.<MYDOMAIN>.net;
>    client_max_body_size 40M;
>    # SSL is using CACert credentials
>    ssl  on;
>    ssl_certificate  /etc/ssl/private/cacert.<MYDOMAIN>.org.pem;
>    ssl_certificate_key
>	    /etc/ssl/private/cacert.<MYDOMAIN>.org_privatkey.pem;
>    ssl_session_timeout  5m;
>    ssl_protocols  SSLv3 TLSv1;
>    ssl_ciphers  ALL:!ADH:!EXPORT56:!LOW:RC4+RSA:+HIGH:+MEDIUM:+SSLv3:+EXP;
>    ssl_prefer_server_ciphers   on;
>    # Proxy the "kolab.<MYDOMAIN>.org" lxc container
>    location kolab-webadmin {
>	    proxy_pass http://10.10.10.4:80/kolab-webadmin;\
>    }
>    location / {
>	    proxy_pass http://10.10.10.4:80;
>    }
>}

With this setup "https://<MYDOMAIN>.org" shows me apache's fresh
installation page (so it's working in general), but
"https://<MYDOMAIN>.org/kolab-webadmin" will have Firefox display a

> can't establish a connection to the server at 10.10.10.4.

likely indicative of php-related missing rewriting. Can anyone here give
some guidance on how to remedy this - I would highly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

Sincerely, Joh